Data Scientist/Product Manager | Jan 2018 - Present
• BerkeleyTime is an augmented course catalog that provides data on courses, enrollment trends, grade distributions, and more. I serve as the Product Manager and Data Scientist for BerkeleyTime, and was previously Lead Engineer.
• We just wrapped up a course scheduler, and are currently working on a data-centered initiative with student course data (such as course recommendations, automatic course plan generation, and intelligence course classiffication).
Neural Net Applications | Python
• Implemented a neural net from scratch (creating a graph class, implementing matrix operations, backpropagation, etc).
• Applied NNs to solve various problems, such as digit classification, language classification, and function approximation.
Song Classifier | Python, TensorFlow
• Created a deep learning classifier that categorizes songs as either country or hip-hop based on lyrics frequencies.
• Achieved an accuracy rate of 89% and was selected as one of 10 winners of a 200-member Kaggle contest.
Jesture | HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, Python, C, AppleScript
• Created gesture detection application with the Synaptics touchpad; implemented API for Spotify, Slack, Facebook, and more, then linked to a sleek web UI.